CHICAGO — A man known as the "Bully Bandit" robbed a Plaza Bank in Portage Park Friday afternoon, officials said.
The man demanded money from a teller at a Plaza Bank branch, 5601 W. Belmont Ave, about 1:40 p.m., according to police and the FBI.
The man fled the scene with an undetermined amount of cash, said Officer Veejay Zala, a police spokesman.
This is the tenth Chicago-area bank the "Bully Bandit" is suspected to have robbed. He gets his nickname from his "pushy demeanor" when robbing banks by often yelling at bank tellers and pushing customers out of his way, according to the FBI.
The "Bully Bandit" is described as Hispanic, in his late 20's or early 30's, standing 5-foot-8 and with a medium build. He has a mustache and wears a black jacket, officials say.
The FBI is offering a $15,000 reward for information leading to the bandit's capture. Anyone with information is asked to call 312-421-6700.
He has also allegedly robbed:
- North Community Bank, 1600 W. Chicago, Chicago on Nov. 28, 2012
- Chase Bank, 4440 W. North Ave., Chicago on Dec. 6, 2012
- PNC Bank. 6620 W. Ogden, Berwyn on Dec. 11, 2012
- PNC. 6650 W. Cermak, Berwyn on Dec. 27, 2012
- Plaza Bank, 5601 W. Belmont, Chicago on Jan. 18, 2013
- Chase Bank, 5620 W. Belmont, Chicago on Jan. 29, 2013
- Chase Bank, 6532 W. Cermak, Chicago on Feb. 11, 2013
- Chase Bank, 4854 W. Irving Park Road, Chicago on Feb. 12, 2013 (robbery of a customer at teller window)
- Chase Bank. 3339 W Belmont Ave., Chicago, IL on February 15, 2013