The blaze, which sparked at 175 Bedford Ave. and spread to Ella Cafe, was accidental, the FDNY said.
No one was injured in the three-alarm blaze on Pier 17, which saw smoke billowing over lower Manhattan.
The West Village restaurant remained closed Tuesday as workers hauled out scorched debris.
The blaze that engulfed a Houston St. rooftop was accidentally ignited by unapproved wiring.
Get Our Daily Afternoon News Update Newsletter
Thank you for signing up!
Would you like to sign up for additional newsletters?
Thank you for signing up for additional newsletters.