Fire Scorches West Village Clothing Boutique, FDNY Says

By Aidan Gardiner on May 29, 2014 8:17am 

 A fire spread across the ceiling of Hotoveli on West Fourth Street, the FDNY said.
A fire spread across the ceiling of Hotoveli on West Fourth Street, the FDNY said.
View Full Caption
Facebook/HotoveliNYC

MANHATTAN — A fire scorched a luxury West Village men's clothing boutique known for its European imports early Thursday morning, an FDNY spokeswoman said.

The flames spread across the ceiling of the menswear outpost for Hotoveli, 271 W. 4th St., about 1 a.m., the FDNY said.

About 60 firefighters helped bring the blaze under control about an hour later, the FDNY said.

No injuries were reported and fire marshals were still investigating what sparked the fire, the FDNY said.

Hotoveli is owned by Michael Adjiashvili and features designers from western Europe, according to New York magazine.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement