Pratt Fire Was An Accident, FDNY Tweets
CLINTON HILL — The fire that tore through the sixth floor of Pratt Institute's Main Building last week was an accident, fire officials said via Twitter.
The New York Fire Department tweeted that the cause of the four-alarm was "accidental electrical, wiring on the sixth floor."
The fire began at 2:15 a.m. on Friday Feb. 15, destroying irreplaceable student work.
The 126-year-old building's top floor was severely damaged and two firefighters sustained minor injuries.