STAPLETON — Seven firefighters were injured while battling a blaze on Van Duzer Street Thursday night, according to the FDNY.
The firefighters were not seriously hurt in the fire, which sparked at 360 Van Duzer St., near Prospect Street, officials said.
The blaze erupted about 9:30 p.m. and quickly spread to the roof, a fire spokesman said.
The fire was brought under control 90 minutes later, but seven firefighters were hurt, the spokesman said. They were all taken to Richmond University Medical Center with minor injuries.
No one appeared to be home when the fire started, the spokesman said.