Aaron Chen and Father Die From Apparent Carbon Monoxide Poisoning
QUEENS — A father and son were killed in an apparent incident of carbon monoxide poisoning in their Woodhaven home, authorities said.
The victims, Kuo-Kung Chen, 66 and Aaron Chen, 29, were found unconscious at their home on 101st Avenue, near 90th Street just before 5 p.m. on Saturday afternoon, according to cops.
Medics, who responded to a 911 call, pronounced the men dead at the scene.
According to the New York Post, Kuo-Kung's daughter, Marien Chen, came to check on him after he failed to show up to watch her 12-year-old daughter.
“My father was in his bed and my brother was lying on the floor. It looked like he was trying to get out,” said the daughter, according to the paper.
No criminality is suspected, police said.