Fire Breaks Out at Upper West Side High-Rise
UPPER WEST SIDE — A fire broke out at a residential high-rise on West End Avenue Monday morning, authorities said.
The blaze started inside a clothes dryer on the ninth floor of 924 West End Ave., at 105th Street, about 10:45 a.m., FDNY sources said.
Residents of the 12-story building reported smelling smoke in the hallways, but no one was injured in the incident, the fire department said.
The blaze was brought under control at 11:09 a.m., the FDNY added.
A firefighter at the scene said the fire likely started due to excess lint in the dryer.