Fire Breaks Out in Penthouse of Midtown Hotel
MIDTOWN — A grease fire broke out inside the penthouse bar of an East 50th Street hotel Tuesday afternoon, authorities said.
The blaze started in a deep fryer inside the Hotel Kimberly's 31st-floor rooftop lounge at 145 E. 50th St., between Lexington and Third avenues, about 4:45 p.m., an FDNY source said at the scene.
No injuries were reported as a result of the fire, officials added.
Hotel guests were evacuated to the lobby area as firefighters battled the blaze, which was brought under control at 5:08 p.m., the FDNY said.