Courtney Love's West Village Townhouse Catches Fire
By Ben Fractenberg
WEST VILLAGE — Courtney Love’s new West 10th Street apartment caught fire early Thursday morning, in the latest incendiary incident for the lead singer of Hole.
An FDNY spokesman said the blaze started about 1:50 a.m. in a bedroom of the swanky four-story townhouse, spreading to bedding and curtains.
The blaze was quickly brought under control, fire officials said, and one person was treated at the scene for minor injuries. Sources say it was Courtney Love.
Love suffered burns to her hands when she tried to put the fire out herself, according to the New York Post.
There was no immediate cause of the fire, but Love has reportedly started fires while smoking in the past.
Love's almost 4,000 square foot "1800's Flemish Bond Merchants House" near Hudson Street has seven bedrooms, six fireplaces and a horse walk, according to real estate group Corcoran.
The fire could mean more of a headache on Love's quest for real estate. The singer complained of the painstaking process of landing her current digs. She was rejected from several Greenwich Village locations before finding her home.