Electric Shock Injures Man at Downtown Office Building

By Ben Fractenberg on April 21, 2011 12:00pm 

A man was shocked at 137 Centre St. Thursday morning, the FDNY said.
A man was shocked at 137 Centre St. Thursday morning, the FDNY said.
View Full Caption
DNAinfo/Benjamin Fractenberg

By Ben Fractenberg and Michael Ventura

DNAinfo Staff

CHINATOWN — A man suffered an electric shock at a downtown office building Thursday morning, fire officials said.

The incident occurred at roughly 9:41 a.m., at 137 Centre St., near White Street, the FDNY said. It was not immediately clear what shocked the man.

Witnesses said the unidentified man, who was taken out of the building on a stretcher, appeared to be conscious.

The Sanitation Department has offices in the building, but it was not immediately clear where the man worked.


Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement