HYDE PARK — Armed men in skeleton ski masks have robbed people seven times in the last month, according to police.
Police issued an alert Sunday after people reported another armed robbery at 12:30 a.m. Friday in the 5000 block of South Champlain Avenue in Grand Boulevard that matched many of the details of armed robberies in Hyde Park.
Starting Oct. 7, police started getting reports of a man robbing people while armed with a handgun and wearing a ski mask printed with a skull design.
Police said there have now been seven reports of people being robbed while sitting in their car or in some cases walking down the hallway of their apartment building.
The robberies occurred:
• At 3:45 a.m. Oct. 7 in the 1300 block of East 47th Street
• At 8:25 p.m. Oct. 8 in the 5000 block of South Cornell Avenue
• At 11 p.m. Oct. 13 in the 5500 block of South Everett Avenue
• Between 11:40 p.m. and 11:50 p.m. Oct. 14 in the 5100 block of South Dorchester Avenue
• At 3 p.m. Oct. 16 in the 4700 block of South Cottage Grove Avenue
• At 11:15 p.m. Wednesday in the 1400 block of East 55th Street
• At 12:30 a.m. Friday in the 5000 block of South Champlain Avenue
Anyone with information is asked to call detectives at 312-747-8380.