Third Man Charged in Slaying of South Chicago Teen

By Emily Morris on August 21, 2013 7:03am 

Slideshow
 Three men were charged in the shooting death of Tyrone Hart.
Men Charged in Killing of South Chicago Teen
View Full Caption

CHICAGO — A third man has been charged in the July slaying of a South Chicago teen.

Jadon Wilson, 23, is charged with murder in the shooting death of 18-year-old Tyrone Hart.

Earlier this month, authorities charged Terrence Snowden, 24, and Phillip L. Boyd, 23, with Hart's murder.

Hart was standing on a corner in the 8000 block of South Chappel Avenue about 7:45 p.m. on July 23 when a black Nissan Maximum pulled up and a passenger fired shots, according to police.

Hart, who lived in the 8100 block of South Chappel Avenue, was struck and taken to Northwestern Hospital, where he was pronounced dead at 8:24 p.m.

At Snowden and Boyd's bond hearing earlier this month, prosecutors said Snowden was the shooter, and Boyd was the one who gave Snowden a gun. All three men were inside the Nissan when Hart was gunned down, according to prosecutors.

At that hearing, Judge James Brown ordered Snowden, of the 8700 block of South Euclid Avenue, held without bail, and Boyd, of the 7700 block of South Bennett Avenue, held on $1 million bail.

Wilson, of the 7800 block of South Euclid Avenue, is scheduled to appear in bond court Wednesday.

Family remembered Hart as someone who loved to make people laugh. They said they thought the teen might have been targeted because some of his friends and cousins were in gangs. Hart had hoped to leave Chicago someday and perhaps move to Atlanta, loved ones said.

Police had said Hart had no documented gang affiliations.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Advertisement