Santa Gets Ready to Ride the Rails on the CTA
The CTA has announced the dates for its 21st annual goodwill extravaganza, set to debut Nov. 23 on the Green Line and run through Dec. 22.
The Holiday Train will run on the following dates:
• Green Line: Nov. 23, 24, 28 (photo op with Santa Nov. 24).
• Orange and Brown Lines: Nov. 29, 30; Dec. 1 (photo op with Santa Dec. 1).
• Pink Line: Dec. 5.
• Blue Line: Dec. 6, 7, 8 (photo op with Santa Dec. 8).
• Red Line: Dec. 12, 14, 15, 18, 22 (photo op with Santa Dec. 15).
• Purple Line: Dec. 13, 15, 19, 22 (photo op with Santa Dec. 15).
• Yellow Line: Dec. 20.
The Holiday Train features more than 120,000 twinkling lights, "elves" passing out candy canes to passengers young and old, piped-in Christmas tunes and Mr. Claus and his sleigh riding atop a flatbed rail car.
Check back with the CTA website, which will post approximate times that the Holiday Train is scheduled to arrive at specific stations. Delays are to be expected, particularly on the photo op dates.